Hi blogoverse! I want to thank everyone who has followed me and read my blog posts. When I first started blogging it was just a fun way for me to write down what I thought about the books I was reading but it quickly turned into more of a conversation about books. Recently, I’ve been nominated for a Liebster Award. I can’t believe it. A big thanks to Erika the Bibliophile for nominating me for this award. If you are not following her go check out her blog!
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog.
2. Give your readers 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions from the blog who nominated you.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers to receive this award.
5. Come up with 11 questions for your nominees.
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. Morning is my favorite time of the day.
2. I love dark chocolate, the darker the better!
3. I currently have a BA in English Literature and have been thinking about going back to school to get my MFA in creative writing.
4. I love to write and make up stories. I’ve been doing it for as long as I can remember.
5. Rocky Road is my favorite ice cream flavor.
6. I’m addicted to coffee, though I did recently read that 5 cups of coffee a day are good for you.
7. I’ve never been skiing but would love to try it.
8. I speak German and spent a year studying abroad in Goettingen.
9. I love to hike and be outside.
10. Unfortunately, I had knee surgery and can’t do as much hiking as I would like.
11. I’ve recently become addicted to the podcast Serial. Go check it out!
Now for the questions:
1. What is your worst bookish habit?
When I start to read a book I pretty much become dead to the world and get stuck in my own little universe. I also like to stop reading on even chapters. So weird.
2. Which fictional character would you have actually dated in high school?
This is a great question. Hm, I’d say Mr. Darcy because who doesn’t love a brooder with a heart of gold but it probably would have been more like Ron from Harry Potter.
3. What is your favorite movie/tv series adaptation of a book?
Definitely To Kill a Mockingbird with Gregory Peck. A true classic!
4. What book genre/types of books do you absolutely refuse to read?
I have to say I’m not a huge fan of the full on romance novel type books.
5. Which author have you read the most books from?
This is a hard one. I would say it’s probably a mix of Jane Austen, Agatha Christie, and J.K. Rowling.
6. Do you prefer a physical book or an e-book? Or both?
I prefer the actual physical book. I like the whole reading experience and turning of the pages though I will read on my Kindle, especially while traveling.
7. What book could you not finish and why?
The only book I’ve ever not finished and never picked up again was Izzy Willy Nilly by Cynthia Voight. I was pretty young when I read this book and I just couldn’t connect with the main character in any way.
8. What book do you believe it highly overrated?
I have to say The Catcher in the Rye. I read this in high school and just could not get into it or understand the negativity of the main character. Though I would like to read it again to see if my opinions have changed from high school.
9. What are your least favorite/hated characters and which books are they from?
I didn’t like Kitty in Pride and Prejudice. She’s just always riding the coat tails of the other sisters and is then upset when she doesn’t get what she wants. I love to hate Umbridge from Harry Potter. She’s such a great villain.
10. If you read Young Adult books what are some of the common tropes in these books that you are tired of seeing?
I guess the poor misunderstood character who then feels the need to assimilate in order to be understood. And the Romeo and Juliet high school romance.
11. This one is non-book related but I am a huge fan of Disney so I’d like to know who is your favorite Disney princess?
My favorite Disney princess is Belle because she reads and doesn’t judge a book by it’s cover. A close second is Ariel, Little Mermaid was my favorite as a kid.
If you’re not on this list and see this post, and you like accepting these types of rewards, please jump right on in. If not, or you’ve already received this award, that’s cool too.
Questions for my nominees:
1. What are you reading right now?
2. What character from a book would you have been best friends with in high school?
3. Do you like to read inside of outside?
4. What was the last book to make you cry?
5. What book would you like to see made into a movie/TV Series?
6. If you could live in any book world, what would it by and why?
7. What is your biggest reading pet peeve?
8. What was your favorite childhood book or author?
9. Would you rather visit a fictional world from your favorite book or have the characters come into your world?
10. What’s the book genre you read the most?
11. If you could change the ending of any book would you? And what book would that be?
I hope you guys have fun with this post. I had a great time coming up with these questions!